Pages

Sunday, March 9, 2014

Best Sister EVER

I remember being QUITE upset when I found out that my mom was having a girl.  I was six, so I was old enough to understand that I'd have to share my toys and clothes, so I had really hoped for a boy.

How short sighted I was!

My sister has just been more and more incredible as she's gotten older, and is truly the best aunt.  Like so good that I've thought to myself, "Crap, she's set the bar high.  What am I going to do when she has kids??".

Point in case:  this weekend.  My sister called me up and was like, "Hey, I bet you could use a break and I'd like to spend time with Carter; could we have him spend the night?"  Then, to top it off they took him to his favorite place: Chick-Fil-A, and she's making roast (one of my fav things!) so that when we come to get him we can enjoy a delicious meal together.

Seriously, does life get any better???

Claudy and I have thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.  I made a garlic afredo chicken and pasta for dinner which we scarfed down.  Normally, we can't have cheese/dairy with Carter so it was heavenly.  Then, we went out to a movie--and it didn't matter what time it started or got over!  In fact, we went out for ice cream after.  It was great to not rush home to a babysitter.

And, the best part?  Sleeping in until 9:53 this morning.  AHHHH.

Oh yeah, and I'm about to go take a LOONNNGG shower, and then go to church where I will not be chasing a toddler up and down the isles.

My tired, pregnant self has so enjoyed this break and it's all thanks to my incredible sister and brother-in-law.  I am truly lucky to have them both in my life, as is Carter.  I'm sure he's been having a blast.  I do miss him though, and hope he'll want to come home with us after the fun weekend he's had.

I hope you too have had a wonderful weekend.  If not, you might want to invest in an awesome sister like mine.

1 comment:

  1. I have a sister like that. She sets the bar really high for being a great aunt, that I don't think I'm going to be able to reach when she has kids. I hope you enjoyed a relaxing weekend.

    ReplyDelete